Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

I want to talk about my cats

Re: I want to talk about my cats

Postby Shiva » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:33 pm

True. MCA's been up to that again. Oh, cats.
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby Dugan » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:25 pm

We could use some litterbox advice...

For getting the house listed, we bought a new box with a cover and filter in hopes of making that area look and smell more presentable. We scoop at least daily, but still, a used catbox looks and smells like a used catbox. They have used a covered box before but the current box is not covered. We swapped the boxes a few days ago and noticed Simba was reluctant to use the new one. In order to prevent mistakes, we put the old box back. So, now the new box is where the old box was and the old box is where we want the new box. They're about 3 feet apart and in the same room. When we put litter in the new box, we did use some of the old litter, in hopes of helping to make it smell right for them. We have normally had 2 boxes, one in each of these spots, so neither spot is new to them.

Trouble is, only Missy will use the new box. Simba went halfway in several times and then backed out. Mok-sha is very private about such things, all I can say is that I know she's pooping only in the old box.

Any tips for helping everyone transition to the new box?
Dugan

Postby gladcow » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:30 pm

soooooooooo, we left town, as we do each Labor Day, and left food & water for the cats, as we always do (Bill is a come & go kind of guy), but made no other arrangements. we got home Monday, and I've not seen Peggy. :( I feel guilty, even though she's not "mine". I'm not sure what to do, if anything.
everyone's right and no one is sorry, that's the start and the end of the story
gladcow

Postby Emiloid » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:12 am

Dugan, it sounds like you're doing everything I've heard of doing. Maybe only time will make a difference? If you're worried, I guess you could burn a candle or simmer potpourri when you know you'll have vistors... or use one of those plug-in scented thingies?

I bet a lot of people who are looking at your place have cats or other pets and wouldn't even think about it. I think pet smells are only really noticable when people have pets who have "accidents" on carpets and such. Then again, I'm a cat person.

Gladcow, whatever is going on with Peggy is not your fault. She'll probably be back--she just needs to wander over and find that you're back again. I guess you could ask your across-the-way neighbor if you happen to see them, or if you're very concerned.
Living la vida local.
Emiloid

Postby gladcow » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Good Peggy news! She is currently being fed by Marshmallow's people (their house is behind ours). Marshmallow's people report that Peggy *does* have people, they put up missing posters for her awhile back. I've not seen Peggy, but Sarina got all the scuttlebutt. I will still gladly feed her, if she shows back up at our place.
gladcow

Postby gladcow » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:13 pm

I kind of want to say that it's weird Peggy's people don't know where she is. But, maybe she always heads back to her family's place when the neighbors shun her, and we just didn't shun her, so she stayed (we have good food :D).

Also, our cat friend Bill is a roamer, so I feel weird judging Peggy's people.

My biggest feeling is relief that Peggy is alive :)
gladcow

Postby Emiloid » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:30 pm

That's great news!

Someone must have contacted Peggy's people when they put up the signs, right? Maybe they've just accepted that she wanders off. She is theirs when she's there, but she's her own cat... and her home is the world.
Living la vida local.
Emiloid

Postby Dugan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:49 am

That's good news! I'm glad Peggy is ok. Any change with her eye?
Dugan

Postby gladcow » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Peggy has fully adopted the other people. Haven't seen her in months. Finicky thing! (I miss her!)

But, before she moved on, I had cleaned it a few times with saline & cotton pads. It was definitely getting better.
gladcow

Previous

Return to Feline