Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Neutered Male mounts & humps?

Neutered Male mounts & humps?

Postby Dugan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 am

The house where I rent a room has two cats, a young female and a middle-years male. Both were sterilized when very young, according to their person.

I'm curious - I'm seeing a behavior I have never seen in cats before. The male mounts and humps the female. I reached under him to check - I can't detect any testicles, and their person says he was neutered at a young age. Eventually she wrestles him out of it and goes on her way.

Anyone ever seen this in a neutered male cat? Will cats mount to show dominance as dogs do?
Dugan

Re: Neutered Male mounts & humps?

Postby Dugan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:41 pm

He was at it on and off for about an hour. I finally kicked him out of my room and shut the door. The female cat exhibits no signs of being in heat and is amazingly tolerant of having male cat air humping away over her back as she lies down.
Dugan

Postby vegematic » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:57 am

I haven't seen that with cats although once my nephew's neutered male dog managed to get locked with his sister's un-sterilized female. On Thanksgiving Day. It made for interesting dinner conversation.
I just walked. I was very happy.
-Bill Bryson.
vegematic

Postby la végétalienne » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:59 am

I've seen it, but the female cat in question was in heat.
la végétalienne

Postby vegankitty » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:42 am

My male humps another male, neck biting and all. I've seen it in other cats with males humping females, other males, and inanimate objects. Some of the males were neutered young, some weren't and some I don't know when, but all the cats, male and female, were spayed or neutered. Can't say for sure about the inanimate objects though. :p
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Return to Feline