Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

I want to talk about my cats

Re: I want to talk about my cats

Postby gladcow » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:51 pm

so, Peggy is still around. I have cleaned her eye with saline once. She tolerated it well, I'm going to try again soon. I don't know what else to do, really. We keep feeding her. She keeps pooping in my flowerbeds. What more could a cat ask for in the summer?
everyone's right and no one is sorry, that's the start and the end of the story
gladcow

Postby Dugan » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:47 am

Missy is amazingly agile. I just watched her jump onto RnR's desk in the dining room, jump atop a filing cabinet, walk across that to enter the living room on a nearby bookcase. Follow that then hop down a little to the fireplace mantle, then follow that and hop up to another bookcase. From there she was eyeing the drapery rods like she was considering hopping to that to continue her elevated stroll. Nutty girl!
Dugan

Postby Emiloid » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Ha! That reminds me of playing "hot lava" as a kid... trying to get all the way around a room without touching the floor... because it was hot lava!

I guess my sister and I had a lot of unsupervised time. :laugh:
Living la vida local.
Emiloid

Postby Shiva » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:01 pm

I love watching cats do this, and we t0tally call it THE FLOOR IS HOT LAVA! :laugh:
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby Emiloid » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:46 pm

Ha! That's too funny!
Living la vida local.
Emiloid

Postby Dugan » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:01 am

Yah, she does it all the time but not usually to that extent. It's another cool night so all the cats are calm and cuddly.
Dugan

Postby Dugan » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:54 pm

How is Peggy?

In other news, Missy continues her evilness in other ways. I was trying to sleep late this morning. I awoke feeling itchy-faced from a whisker tickle by Missy. She nosed around a bit, hinting that she wanted under the covers, while i gathered them close, refusing to let her under. Bam, she's off to the kitchen to knock something onto the floor. A few minutes later she's back, doing the whisker tickle and pawing at the covers. Five times this happened. I finally got up and sure 'nuff, 5 things on the kitchen floor.

As annoying as it was, tell me that's not remarkably smart for a cat - I want under the covers, you won't let me, I'll go knock something over to wake you up, and then ask again, lather, rinse, repeat. This isn't the only situation in which she uses knocking things onto the floor in a distant room to attract our attention. it is the first time I've seen her iterate the behavior.
Dugan

Postby Emiloid » Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:22 am

Oh no! Good kitty for being smart, but that's not a good habit to have! Our cat bugs me to feed her (or let her out) almost every morning at 5:30am. (I say "me" because my partner sleeps through it.) I don't want to indulge her at that hour, so often I shut her out of the room. Sometimes she starts meowing outside the door a few hours later, but at least she doesn't break things... yet! I won't let her read about your cat.
Living la vida local.
Emiloid

Postby Shiva » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:52 pm

That really is evil. And smart. And still (a little) better than peeing on stuff. But srsly, why do cats think it's okay to wake up their humans and ask them to do stuff? Are we parent figures in these scenarios?

Because SCREW THAT. Mama needs to sleep.
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby quagga » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Shiva wrote:That really is evil. And smart. And still (a little) better than peeing on stuff.

No, it's much, much better than peeing on stuff. :/
quagga

PreviousNext

Return to Feline