Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

In Loving Memoriam ...

In Loving Memoriam ...

Postby panthera » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:43 am

Here's a space for sharing our grief at losing our nonhuman companions (or witnessing great suffering in them). Please use it in whatever way would help you to mourn and, eventually, heal.

:heart:
panthera

Re: In Loving Memoriam ...

Postby gladcow » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:43 pm

I already posted in the dog thread, but I'mma go ahead and bring some of my grieving over here. (backstory: Lola, my beloved companion for the past 11+ years stopped living on Sunday)

I miss her so much. It hurts so much. I just want to crawl in a hole and hibernate until spring. I'm tired. Incredibly tired. And cranky. I hate how I feel and how I take things and how much it hurts. I just want her back for a little while longer. Please.
everyone's right and no one is sorry, that's the start and the end of the story
gladcow

Postby gladcow » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:44 pm

(I am not in deep depression, but I"m afraid this will send me there. My husb says I'm handling it really great, considering. I'm scared. Therapy Friday)
gladcow

Postby Shiva » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:26 am

{{{{{gladcow & co.}}}}}

I loved reading about all of the ways you are honoring Lola's memory (in your post over here).

[quote="gladcow";p=5206]I just want her back for a little while longer. Please.

:cry: :heartbreak:
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby vegankitty » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:22 am

Sunday was a year since we lost Googie. This is the blog post I wrote for it. http://inmemoryofgoogie.blogspot.com/20 ... -gone.html
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Postby gladcow » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:17 pm

we are going to get her ashes today. they called on Tuesday, I guess, but we're not really in the habit of checking the messages on a good day let alone now. I feel badly that she's been there all this time, but I also can only do what I can do.

we have plans for a memorial, but it's too rainy to do so right now (there will be fireworks involved) and I don't have a vessel for her ashes yet. we're not ready. for any of this. but, we're doing it anyway.
gladcow

Postby Miso Vegan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:59 pm

It took me weeks to find the right vessel for India, but it was worth the careful search. I didn't want anything urn-like. I found a small inlaid box with two drawers, total size is about 8" high. One drawer for India, and one for the Honeycat when she followed several years later.

Hang in there, darling. Hang in there.
Miso Vegan

Postby gladcow » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:45 pm

we got her ashes. they came in a tin box with pawprints on the side and the box was tied with pink ribbon. it came with a certificate, which read, in part "thank you for loving your pet" which of course made me sob. again.

we have plans to go to the local saturday market this weekend. a google search revealed they have unfinished wood boxes for sale there. I'd like to paint her box myself.

the memorial is on hold until the weather improves. we need a dry night for fireworks!

thanks, everyone.
gladcow

Postby dropscone » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:56 pm

I'm so sad for you gladcow, and vegankitty. It does seem particularly unfair to lose these friends so unexpectedly.

I still miss Baboo, the cat that lived with my parents, and she's been gone for a couple of years now. It still seems strange to go and visit them and not see her as well.
"and all the world is biscuit shaped, it's just for me to feed my face, and I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste..."
dropscone

Postby panthera » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:57 pm

Gladcow, I have to agree w/your husband, it does sound like you're handling this really well. You express not being ready and wanting to hide in a hole, but you're going ahead and dealing with the heartache and all its effects on your life. Sharing your grief, planning a memorial, finding a non-urny urn, and yet also celebrating other parts of your life, like a child's award from school... :wink:

Vegankitty, I can't believe it's already been a year since Googie died. Are you sure?! (OK, not so funny.) I'm sorry it still hurts so much. I enjoyed your blog post, though.
panthera

Next

Return to Other companion animals