Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

The dogs of VErf: pictures, please!

The dogs of VErf: pictures, please!

Postby Shiva » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Show us yer dogs!

atomx and I live with two adopted canines.

Syama is 3 1/2, an Aussie x woof who is: a worrier, a talker, an indiscriminate and obsessive lover of tennis balls, hilariously hyperflexible, and the owner of one of the softer places in my heart. He loves pillows, which we call "piddows" at our house because we are dorks.

Amazing Grace O'Malley is a lab x ?, a little over a year old, and she is: a punk, a clown, a smartypants, a bossyboots, a pretty good thief, a kisser and a snuggler, and she is my SDIT (service dog in training). She owns the piece of my heart that also loves many of those same qualities in myself. ;) Grace is not very good at crossword puzzles.
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Re: The dogs of VErf: pictures, please!

Postby shananigans » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:29 pm

Dexter is our 8-year-old mutt mix dog. We adopted him from a rescue in LA when he was a little over a year old. He is a cuddlebug, foodhound, and pretty clever. He picked up clicker training well and can do a bunch of tricks. He has separation anxiety and can get destructive when left home without the hoomans, so he hasn't always been easy to live with but we love him just the same. He has been a helpful and (mostly) patient foster brother to 18 rescue dogs.

shananigans

Postby gladcow » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:47 pm

This is Lola. She is 10. We think she's a rottweiler german shepherd mix. My sister's friend rescued her from a park in my hometown when Lola was barely weaned. She's truly the sweetest dog ever and is only concerned with loving you and pleasing you and getting some pets. She has been vegan for 6 (?) years, and I attribute her diet to her longevity. She is patient with all people and animals and is curious to meet new friends all the time. So curious, that sometimes she runs off if left unwatched. She knows most of my secrets. She does not like things that move independently, like remote control cars. She would love if you'd give her a broccoli stem.
Attachments
lola.jpg
lola.jpg (49.76 KiB) Viewed 6793 times
everyone's right and no one is sorry, that's the start and the end of the story
gladcow

Postby gladcow » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:51 pm

This is Lucy. She is 3. She came to live with us because her other family didn't have a lot of interesting things for her to do. Her middle name is Fur. She would like to use her cute to distract you from the fact that she is Crafty. She will play fetch with you until your arm falls off. She once hiked 9 miles in one day. She has been vegan for 2 years. She does not like fruit.
Attachments
lucy.jpg
lucy.jpg (104.81 KiB) Viewed 6793 times
everyone's right and no one is sorry, that's the start and the end of the story
gladcow

Postby downwithapathy » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:05 pm

Zoe is a 3.5-year-old Australian Cattle Mutt. I adopted her from a no kill rescue when she was just an adolescent puppy with gigantic Vulcan ears. <3 I call her my delicate flower because she is soooo sensitive (and beautiful). Zoe is smart, agile, and an expert scavenger. She enjoys peanut butter and telling long-winded stories ("Rohrohrohroh...ROHROHrohrohroh... Rohrohrohrohrohroh..."). Almost everything Zoe does, she does with grace and dignity. She's one of the most snuggly and affectionate (with familiar people only, thanks!) dogs I've known. We've been through a lot together. She's my soul sister... cow dog of my heart.

Annie's age is an unknown. I adopted her about a year and a half ago from the shelter where I was volunteering. Something about Zoe needing a playful doggy friend. :D Playful is what I got. Annie is a boisterous bundle of energy. I call her my bull in a china shop. <3 She's smart and defiant (no, really!), and I love her very much! Annie enjoys interrupting important teevee shows and learning new tricks in like one repetition. The dog of a thousand nicknames (Fizzle, Fizzy, AnnBeh, Bella, Beag...), she's the pretty little hound dog of my heart.
downwithapathy

Postby SeitanicVegan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:40 am

I hope this works:
This is Tegan. I adopted him from NorCal Collie Rescue, and he is a total love. I adopted him when he was 3 years old, and he will be 5 in August. At first, I wasn't sure that I wanted to adopt an adult dog, but I have to say that it was one of the best decisions I've ever made. He is amazing. Except for one nasty old man at the dog park, everyone who meets Tegan instantly falls in love with him. He is very sweet, gentle and intelligent.
SeitanicVegan

Postby SeitanicVegan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:09 am

Hmm. Well, that didn't work. :(
SeitanicVegan

Postby Dugan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:24 am

I used the same image tags with the same, now deleted, result. But the same picture, with those tags, is working in vBulletin site and a php bulletin board. That's okay, I know they are the cutest big white dogs in the whole of my living room!
Dugan

Postby Shiva » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:13 am

Seitanic Vegan & Dugan~ Your status has been upgraded (more privileges!), so please repost your pictures! :D
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby DasTeufulNagatier » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:13 am

Oh, my god, Gladcow, your dog, Lucy, is so freakin' adorable! And I'm a cat person!!!! :o
DasTeufulNagatier

Next

Return to General Dog Talk