Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Adoptable Dogs

Adoptable Dogs

Postby downwithapathy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:31 pm

Shelter dog junkie that I am, sometimes I just want to post about dogs at my local shelter. This guy made me think of our own Dugan (for obvious reasons). :)

"This gentle boy's name is Moses and he got his name from his lovely foster family since he needs a "Promise Land"! Moses is a Great Pyrenees who is about 1 1/2 years old. He was dumped approximately two months ago at Ohio River Cabins in Derby, Indiana. Poor Moses was covered in fleas/ticks, and only weighs 87 pounds. Moses may look small in his photo but he will be packing on some much needed weight since he should be between 110 and 120 pounds. Since he has been at the PCAS he has been frontlined, dewormed, vaccinated and neutered. If you are interested in a gentle giant Moses is the soul for you."
Attachments
moses2.jpg
moses2.jpg (56.45 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
moses.jpg
moses.jpg (53.08 KiB) Viewed 3823 times
downwithapathy

Re: Adoptable Dogs

Postby quagga » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Aww. Why does he have the e-collar on?

I hope he finds a forever home. He has this sad expression as if to say, "What did I do wrong to wind up here?"
quagga

Postby vegankitty » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:04 pm

Post neuter photo?

He is so handsome and now I want to adopt him. I'm hoping that someday a mini Aussie will come into ACC and i will adopt him or her.
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Postby downwithapathy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:43 pm

I think those must have been post neuter photos. I'm not sure he was available for adoption yet when they were taken (dogs are bathed and groomed before they're made available for adoption and Moses doesn't look particularly bathed or groomed in these pictures!). Right now, his petfinder listing doesn't have a photo (I stole these from the shelter's facebook page). If he isn't snatched up soon, he'll probably have professional photos taken by a local volunteer photographer.
downwithapathy

Postby quagga » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Fingers crossed for Moses! :heart:
quagga

Postby Dugan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:03 am

Please, do not hesitate to give the shelter contact info for Pyr rescue: national site
Dugan

Postby downwithapathy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks Dugan! They're generally well connected to rescue communities, but I'll share the goods! :)
downwithapathy

Postby downwithapathy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:54 am

Moses's foster mama says:

"Check out Moses. Took this yesterday. He blends in so well w/o any agression. So far I've combed and cut massive mats for 7 hrs. and 20 minutes. Neck is better...tail, and hind end...2 hours more. This has been months of neglect in the works...maybe his whole life. He's sssuper tolerant! Bath is yet to come."

Apparently, tomorrow is his bath and heartworm test. There are already a couple of families interested in this guy. :)
Attachments
mosesagain.jpg
mosesagain.jpg (89.88 KiB) Viewed 3792 times
downwithapathy

Return to General Dog Talk