Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Lost vaccination tags

Lost vaccination tags

Postby downwithapathy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:24 pm

Annie lost her rabies vaccination tag & I'm not really sure what to do. I assume there's a way to reorder (maybe), but is it acceptable to just include her rabies vaccination info/number on her ID tag?
downwithapathy

Re: Lost vaccination tags

Postby Dugan » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:39 am

I try to carry a copy of the rabies vaccination certificate with me whereever we go. So, I keep copies in both our cars, and in the packs I most carry while hiking. I've done this since reading that, generally, the certificate is considered stronger proof than the tag that the dog has actually had the vaccine.
Dugan

Postby Shiva » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:04 pm

We've lost rabies vaccination tags more than once. Our vet simply gives us a new tag, and changes the number in their database to the new tag number. I hope that yours will do the same!
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby downwithapathy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Thanks! Very helpful replies! :) Perhaps I will make copies of their certificates for the car (easiest task ev-er). I'll definitely call the vet about a new tag as well.
downwithapathy

Past Due Update

Postby downwithapathy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:38 pm

I called the vet's office and was told by the receptionist to just stop by and they would issue another tag. When I arrived the next day, I was greeted by the vet himself who told me there was no need to issue a new tag as long as I had the vaccination certificate.

I guess Annie'll be a one-tag dog for the next two years. *shrug* This does make me a bit uncomfortable, though.
downwithapathy

Return to General Dog Talk