Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

I want to talk about my dog

Re: I want to talk about my dog

Postby Dugan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 am

[quote="Miso Vegan";p=5276]:( that's heartbreaking, Dugan.

It might be sad but it is part of life. How much sadder still would it be to never care about anyone or anything deeply enough to experience grief?
Dugan

Postby Miso Vegan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:40 pm

I agree, and gladcow's memory of drool pools is another great example. :::shudder:::: :)
Miso Vegan

Postby panthera » Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:35 pm

There was a part of the hallway floor right up against the wall where, if you looked at it from floor level, you could see Karma's pawprints. I refused to mop the floor there for well over a year, and I made sure any new roommates knew not to, either (as if they ever would!). Finally I realized that any pawprints there were now from Gold, so I gave in and mopped.

Not that I mop very often anyway. :blush:
panthera

Postby Shiva » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:40 am

I love how much you peops love your beasties, past and present. :heart: :heart: :heart:
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby Dugan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:14 am

[quote="Shiva";p=5289]I love how much you peops love your beasties, past and present. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Speaking of beasties, how is Shiva settling into his new and presumably much more urban environment?
Dugan

Postby Shiva » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 am

Syama the Dog is great! :wink: He's still on clomapramine for his craziness (anxiety). But he actually seems to like the more hectic environment. Before we moved, we had noticed that when we went into town for walks, he was much more tractable when we walked in busier areas. :S More stuff to keep his brain busy -->> more self-control? So there's that.

He's been learning to pull me in my chair, and that's a really fun way for him to get exercise. He's still excitable and barky when he gets overstimulated. He stills worries about everyone in his family, especially me. (He tried to follow me into the hot tub the other day, and I am pretty sure that it was just so that he could stay close to me.) But I'm really pleased that he's adjusted so well. He's an adaptable little man, that is for sure. :heart:
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby Dugan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:19 pm

Nice! Interestingly, though Dugie was always sensitive to changes, he too was always well-settled if we went walking in a town or small city environment.
Dugan

Postby panthera » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:13 pm

[quote="Shiva";p=5299]He tried to follow me into the hot tub the other day, and I am pretty sure that it was just so that he could stay close to me.

:daisy:
panthera

Postby Dugan » Fri May 04, 2012 1:38 am

Gotta weird one with Caboodle...

I've noticed he's lost some weight so I made sure to bring a fecal sample to his yearly physical which was Monday. I know he sometimes grazes on poop when we're in the woods, so I suspected he might have worms. Sure 'nuff, roundworms and tapeworms. The Heartgard Plus is supposed to protect against roundworms, but nothing is 100% effective. The tapeworms - that's the odd part. They are a genus whose definitive host is salmon or trout. Not only that, but salmon or trout local to the Pacific Northwest.

He's been with us since 2008 and has a fecal check every year. He hasn't been to the PNW since 2008. Not knowing his history, he might have been there before he ended up with the hoarder and then into rescue. He also hasn't eaten raw fish, that I know of. If only he could talk!
Dugan

Postby Miso Vegan » Fri May 04, 2012 2:17 am

That's a weird one, alright!
Miso Vegan

PreviousNext

Return to General Dog Talk