Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

I want to talk about my dog

Re: I want to talk about my dog

Postby quagga » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:59 am

So, today I went and had two of my cats groomed for summer. Full shave-down, one for mats and one for foxtail and sticker avoidance. The groomer is a dog/cat groomer and a boarding facility. It is located on a busy thoroughfare, a full four lanes of heavy, but slow, traffic near a freeway on-ramp.

As I drove to pick up my freshly-shaved cats (they look great, by the way), I saw a small, very fluffy, very white dog cross this busy street, one car ahead of me. All the traffic slowed down (they were slowing for a traffic signal anyway) and I see the dog makes it across safely. There were some people in a van in the parking lot where I pulled in, and I assumed it was their dog and that they would go across the street to fetch her. I didn't worry about things too much and I didn't query the humans if the dog was theirs.

I go into the groomer to pick up the kitties. I find that I've left my wallet in the car, so I go back out. Lo and behold, the small fluffy dog is in the parking lot wandering around! She is not, in fact, attached to the what I now perceive to be sketchy people and is LOST. She's scared of me (because I do not speak DOGgish very well) and though she comes close, won't let me grab her collar, which very promisingly is FULL of jangly ID tags. So, I do the next best thing. I go to the door of the grooming shop and ask her if she wants a cookie. She says to me, "Why, yes, yes I do, thank Dog. And yes, yes I will gladly come inside to get it." And with that, she walks into the lobby and I ask the receptionist for some help with this lost dog. As I'm sure you've guessed by now, the dog was a boarder at the grooming shop and had escaped!

Someone had broken down an exterior locked gate to an outdoor run and let the dog out! I keep thinking about how lucky it was that I was there at just the right time (ironically, I was late picking up my own cats because I was messing around with Facebook earlier in the day), how lucky it was that I happened to misplace my wallet, and how lucky it was that my brain was functioning well enough to use the open-door cookie trick.

It's been a good day.

/another example of something that I would like to share on Facebook but would feel shy about doing so... :heart: VeRF! :heart:
quagga

Postby vegankitty » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:22 am

Yay for the dog rescue!

So the dog is Daphne not Daisy (boykitty has a shitty memory). Boykitty got laid off so now we aren't thinking it's a good time for a second dog, financially.
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Postby Dugan » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:20 pm

Good job and quick thinking, Quagga!

VeganKitty, I'm sorry a second dog isn't going to work out for you just now. It sounds like time and finances are both tight for you recently. Sadly, one thing I can be sure of is that there will be no shortage of dogs who need help once you're better able to bring home another dog.
Dugan

Postby vegankitty » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:32 am

Bonnie is happy to have DJ around all the time again. I really would prefer a smaller breed for a second dog, like a beagle mix or a Boston terrier. I'd love to dognap my old client Max who was perfect for Bonnie.
vegankitty

Postby vegankitty » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:20 am

OMG, this puppy is so awesome!

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/26322353
vegankitty

Postby Dugan » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:32 am

Huh, I'd like to know why they thought Pyr was in there.
Dugan

Postby Shiva » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:04 pm

CUTIE PIE!
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby gladcow » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:35 pm

tomorrow, the boy has been invited to a surprise party where they will watch "Run Lola Run" at the local indie theater (it was released on his friend's birthday & year. WE ARE OLD). The husband and I are also going AND WE ARE SO PSYCHED.

why is this in the dog thread? because our beloved Lola was named after that movie (in part because of something my son said at the time) and I finally get to share the story with him!
everyone's right and no one is sorry, that's the start and the end of the story
gladcow

Postby quagga » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:11 pm

I loved that movie. And I loved that dog. :heart:

I have a dog story to vent about, but I'm going to wait. Or post in another thread.
quagga

Postby Shiva » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:25 pm

gladcow wrote:why is this in the dog thread? because our beloved Lola was named after that movie (in part because of something my son said at the time) and I finally get to share the story with him!

Oohhh, tell us the story! :D
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

PreviousNext

Return to General Dog Talk