Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Other People's Dogs: rants and more

Other People's Dogs: rants and more

Postby Shiva » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Someone on my street is offering a reward for information leading the the arrest of the person(s) who broke into their apartment, robbed them and let their dog out. The dog was hit by a car and killed.

This world can really suck sometimes.
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Re: Other People's Dogs: rants and more

Postby quagga » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:12 pm

This is where my rant belongs....

The other day MrQ and I were driving home from work when we saw a dog in the road. This happens more often than you would think in our countrified 'hood. But this time, when we slowed down, we noticed that the dog had an Elizabethan collar on! Holy shit! We had all sorts of scenarios run through our head, but mostly, "poor thing, he somehow escaped after coming back from the vet."

But no.

We pulled over and invited the dog to come to us, which he did willingly. Then we checked with the guy who was taking care of the lawn at his house if he knew who the dog belonged to. It turned out to be this POS's dog! Worse, as the dog came up to us, we saw that he had had orthopedic surgery on his hind leg. He was all shaved and had this huge external pin bolted to his femur in a couple of places! So I exchanged some snarks to the owner about how effin' idiotic it was that someone would allow a post-surgical dog to run loose on the effin' street. The owner, in turn, exchanged some profane snarks back at me, but since I knew I was in the right, it didn't sink in.

I mean, really, even in a dogs-as-property mode, who jeopardizes expensive orthopedic surgery by letting their dog roam loose?? And really, who in their right mind would expect the average person (even rural country folk, or maybe especially rural country folk) to drive past an animal wearing an Elizabethan collar and an orthopedic pin in their leg? Gah.

For those of you who have followed my street encounter sagas in the past, you might remember my encounter with the little chihuahua car-chaser a few years ago, again on my way home to work. Well, this event was at the same house, only with the spouse this time. Idiots!

Also, for those of you who followed my gopher-bomb rant about my neighbor that made me call the police on FB a few weeks ago...you'll be glad to know that the gophers seem to being doing well on his property. We just had a freak rain a little while ago and the gophers made some beautiful mounds on his field.

Happy Saturday y'all!
quagga

Re: Other People's Dogs: rants and more

Postby Shiva » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:26 pm

Oh forfucksake. :furious:

That poor dog.
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Return to General Dog Talk