Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Just the FAQs.

Links to frequently asked questions about Vegan Ethos and the Vegan Ethos message board. This is the place to post general questions about the site.

Note: Technical site-related questions should be posted in the Site Help subforum.

Just the FAQs.

Postby Shiva » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:32 pm

This is where the FAQs will be. As soon as we write them. :)
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Re: Just the FAQs.

Postby Miso Vegan » Tue May 31, 2011 5:01 pm

I think "how do I make an active link with a title?" should be the first. :blank:
Miso Vegan

Postby la végétalienne » Tue May 31, 2011 6:35 pm

Let's say you want to send someone to the Vegan Ethos homepage or show them a video of adorable baby animals.

Type in [url=link address]link text[/url]. The above sentence would look like this:
Let's say you want to send someone to the [noparse]Vegan Ethos[/noparse] homepage or show them a video of [noparse]adorable baby animals[/noparse].

If you use the URL button above the reply box (assuming you clicked Post Reply and not Quick Reply) to put the url tags around the link, you will end up with the link address as the link text. That's not so bad in the example of http://www.veganethos.com, but not terribly useful in the case of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0. People like to know what they're about to click on, if you know what I mean. :wink:

ETA: That would be a lot more helpful if the noparse tags were working. What am I doing wrong?
la végétalienne

Postby Shiva » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:52 am

Instead of a "noparse" tag, we have a "disable BBCode" box that you can check underneath the text box.

You can also use the url button and then just type in "=link address" after the first url tag.
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Return to FAQs