Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Yay me

put yer lolz n stuf heer.

Re: Yay me

Postby Shiva » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:48 am

I like this one. :magicwang:

(There are a lot of very ugly pants-to-skirt conversion tutorials out there. :razz: )
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby Dugan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:12 am

Oh that one is cute! I like that they cut it short enough to miss the curved crotch seam, but then add the ruffle to make it long enough and more finished looking.
Dugan

Postby Dugan » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:22 am

After doing everything you're not supposed to do, I just sold my car anyway!

After deciding to sell my car, we decided on the spur of the moment to park it out front with a sign Saturday, since we were having a houseful of guests Sunday - on the off chance... Day time highs have been 20F, so I haven't had a chance to wash it, nor did we get a chance to clean the inside well Saturday or Sunday. So, yah, it's out there with 2 weeks worth of winter road chemicals all over it. I saw an older couple out front looking at it, and on a whim decided to go out to ask if they had questions (Edmunds says not to). We chatted and then test drove (didn't bring a cell, forgot to look at the license), and the woman chatted with me during the drive (I tried not to, Edmunds says to be quiet). But, they made an offer anyway, so I am sadly saying goodbye to my high mileage Forester. It's been such a good car, is still dependable at 235,000, and I was looking forward to seeing if I could get the 500,000+ that my mechanic has on his Subaru, but it didn't make sense to keep it anymore what with all the school stuff. {/babble]
Dugan

Postby panthera » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:33 am

Yay for everyone's "yay me"s that I've missed!

Dwa, consider making kitchen towels out of at least one pair of jeans. Panthimo had jeans that were ripped irreparably, and I had just learned how to hem an old bedsheet (also ripped irreparably) into handkerchiefs, so I decided to try hemming squares of denim. The corners were a bit bulky, but I managed to use my neighbor's sewing machine. They are super sturdy, they don't seem to get as dirty or mildewy as easily, they protect my hands better from hot dishes, they're nice and long so they hang well on the stove handle.

Oh, yeah, I tried making a cat toy out of one of the panels with a pocket, by stuffing the pocket w/cotton (from pill bottles) & cat nip and sticking velcro on to close it. I left a lot of surrounding cloth intact, so the cats could grab it w/their hind legs as well as their front ones. The upstairs cat drooled all over it & I don't know where it is now.

I have finally gotten myself back into volunteering a couple times a week, after dropping out & hiding in the house for months!
panthera

Postby Dugan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:17 pm

[quote="panthera";p=5317]I have finally gotten myself back into volunteering a couple times a week, after dropping out & hiding in the house for months!

Yay!
Dugan

Postby stegan » Thu May 10, 2012 3:27 pm

So utterly overwhelmed with good things right now.

1.I graduate undergrad in a week! On the day, it will have been roughly 19 years, 11 months and two weeks since I graduated high school. More importantly, it will have been three solid years of me busting my arse. Small wonder I'm taking the summer off before...

2. I'm going to grad school! I got into the University of Maryland program for Library Science, and will be starting in the fall. They're doing really interesting work around information access in underserved communities that may prove more interesting than what I thought I'd do there. I'm really excited! Of course, what's going to to really make this even more complicated is that...

3. I'm going to be a dad! Please, if we're Facebook/Twitter friends, keep this one under your hats for now, official announcement will come soon. I am so over the moon about this, I can hardly contain myself. This is something that not long ago I'd sort of given up on, but now I am so ready. I can now start trolling the breeder posts, I guess :)

It's a very strange feeling, to feel utterly overwhelmed by positive developments in your life. I feel lucky, and panicked, and relieved all at once. Most mornings when I get up, I have no idea what to do with myself.
stegan

Twitter handle: stegan

Postby vegematic » Thu May 10, 2012 5:19 pm

Whoa! Congratulations on all three, stegan!
I just walked. I was very happy.
-Bill Bryson.
vegematic

Postby Dugan » Thu May 10, 2012 7:18 pm

I can only echo Vegematic's post. Congrats!
Dugan

Postby stegan » Thu May 10, 2012 7:29 pm

thanks! :)
stegan

Twitter handle: stegan

Postby Miso Vegan » Sun May 13, 2012 12:45 am

THIS IS ALL SO EXCITING!!!!
Miso Vegan

PreviousNext

Return to Fun & Games & Chat & Nonsense