Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

The Return of the Shoutbox!

put yer lolz n stuf heer.

Re: The Return of the Shoutbox!

Postby Shiva » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:50 pm

I picked up a box of this a few weeks ago at an Indian grocery: Tea India Masala Chai and it is YUM! I used to make a big pot of chai "from scratch" but I don't have company often enough to do that anymore. (Bah! I should have made it for the PNW meetup!) I am generally not a fan of chai made from a mix, or chai-flavored things. But this tea is really nice! I brew it with two bags in a big mug, and add soy milk and a teeny bit of sweetener.
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby shananigans » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:44 pm

OH HAI SHOUTBOX!

Dugan, you want one of these http://www.thepencilgrip.com/dyn_prodlist.php?k=27692 and one of these http://www.thepencilgrip.com/dyn_prodlist.php?k=25783, trust me! (Full disclosure: The Pencil Grip is my friend's company. No, I don't get commission. Yes, these products are awesome.)
shananigans

Postby Dugan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:42 am

If I hadn't already gotten this bookstand, I'd've considered that one. The one I got arrived yesterday and I am very, very pleased with it.
Dugan

Postby bluedawg » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:23 am

[quote="Shiva";p=587]I picked up a box of this a few weeks ago at an Indian grocery: Tea India Masala Chai and it is YUM! I used to make a big pot of chai "from scratch" but I don't have company often enough to do that anymore. (Bah! I should have made it for the PNW meetup!) I am generally not a fan of chai made from a mix, or chai-flavored things. But this tea is really nice! I brew it with two bags in a big mug, and add soy milk and a teeny bit of sweetener.

i adore chai, but i am lazy and so i always rely on concentrates. i don't even own a teapot! but i will keep this in mind and try to make it someday. :yes:

i do actually keep a few chai teabags around, so i can make chai cake. i haven't made any of that in a really long time! must remedy.
bluedawg

Twitter handle: @veganchai

Postby Shiva » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:34 am

The recipe that I used to use called for a big pot of water, whole cloves, cardamom seeds, and black peppercorns, cinnamon sticks...sugar and milk. :) I think that's it. Tea bags or concentrates are definitely way easier!
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby Kat » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:05 am

Oh hai shoutbox!

Stegan, congratulations on your uncledom! Being an aunt or uncle is so much fun. You get to play with the kids and have fun, then hand them back to mum and dad when the kid poops themself. Excellent arrangement, IMHO.

Bluedawgitty - get a teapot! I can't tell you how many teapots I have. Too many, if that's such a thing. If I ever get you for secret santa, I am totally sending you a teapot.
Formerly known as Kat.
Kat

Postby DasTeufulNagatier » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:16 pm

Congrats, Stegan. I am going to be a Great Aunt in August. Not sure how I feel about that, really. :roll:
DasTeufulNagatier

Postby Dugan » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:03 pm

not like you'll be a Great aunt? :silly:
Dugan

Postby bluedawg » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:28 pm

[quote="DasTeufulNagatier";p=745]Congrats, Stegan. I am going to be a Great Aunt in August. Not sure how I feel about that, really. :roll:

oh my gosh i was just going to say, 'but you're so young!' and then i thought for a minute and realized that h-dawg's niece is having a baby in april... which means i'm about to be a great aunt too. weird!!
bluedawg

Twitter handle: @veganchai

Postby DasTeufulNagatier » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:16 pm

I feel too young to be a Great Aunt. My nephew is 20 and his on-again, off-again girlfriend is 18 and still in highschool.
DasTeufulNagatier

PreviousNext

Return to Fun & Games & Chat & Nonsense