Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

The goose with a human friend

From the local to the global – discuss it among vegans.

The goose with a human friend

Postby Raiem » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Did anyone see the CBS Evening News last night? Of course, I can't remember what city it was in, but there was a park that this man went to every day. It looked like a pretty popular place for people to go. Large pond, people walking their dogs, or just generally hanging out. This one man went there every day to walk. At the beginning of the piece it showed this goose standing close to the road. The man drove up on his scooter, the goose went straight to him and he and the goose went for a walk. This goose just attached to this man and every day waited for him to come and stayed right with him. The man didn't feed this goose, for some reason it just liked him. It would even chase off dogs if they got too close to him. The interviewer asked him how this had changed him, and he said...well, I no longer eat poultry...he went on to say that he always thought that birds were stupid, but he doesn't think that any more. It was a short piece, but so cool.
Just what you want to be, you'll be in the end--Justin Hayward
Raiem

Re: The goose with a human friend

Postby bluedawg » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:40 am

so sweet! i love stuff like that!
bluedawg

Twitter handle: @veganchai

Postby debiguity » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:50 am

A friend on FB posted a link to the video:http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7358041n&tag=related%3Bphotovideo

Very sweet! And it shows the power of the animals themselves as advocates, when the reporter asks "has this changed you in any way?"

The answer is probably obvious - he quit eating birds.

Now let's get him to a sanctuary so he can quit eating animal products altogether!
debiguity

Twitter handle: debiguity

Postby dirtyduck » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:43 pm

i have a little duck that lives with me, they are the sweetest little things ever. but ive read that geese get more attached than ducks do:) after seeing this story i believe it:)!
high standards =vegan
dirtyduck

Return to News & Politics