Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Whatcha reading...now with pictures!

Vegan artists, vegans experiencing art, vegans in art. Vegans named Art!

Whatcha reading...now with pictures!

Postby vegankitty » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:27 pm

I liked this thread over on VRF so I'm resurrecting it here.

I downloaded a comic application called Comixology that I love, even though it makes it very easy to spend money. Through that I've been reading Preacher and Y:The Last Stand a well as reading free issues of many different comics. Like 27, about rock and roll singers who die at age 27 (Hendrix and Cobain were 27).

I just ordered this: http://www.adhousebooks.com/books/duncan.html after a friend posted it on my FB wall. It looks amazing!
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Re: Whatcha reading...now with pictures!

Postby Shiva » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:48 am

Yay! Thanks for starting this thread, :cat:! <-- I'm just gonna use that emoticon in place of your name from now on. I think that was my subconscious intention when I added it. :joker:

Duncan looks super interesting.
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby Shiva » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:25 pm

First comic book shop trip in L.A. (Hey, it only took me a year. And a half.) yesterday, and now I'm reading this: Krishna: A Journey Within. It's GORGEOUS.

I also picked up Punk Rock Jesus, which looks fascinating.
If we really did clone Jesus, what would that mean? Would he unite the world or further polarize it? What religion should he be taught? Would he even be Jesus? Is it proof of God? Are we God now?

And issue #1 of East of West, which was really good!
The things that divide us are stronger than the things that unite us. A Sci-Fi Western set in a dystopian America where all hope for the future rests in the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse...who just happen to be trying to kill the President of the United States.
Shiva

Postby Shiva » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:27 am

The Unwritten by Mike Carey and Peter Gross (who last worked together on the terrific series Lucifer). Really good so far. Recommended for book nerds/lovers.

Summary

Everyone's read the Tommy Taylor books, the popular series of novels turned pop culture phenomenon about a boy wizard's adventures. And everyone knows about Tom Taylor, the boy the novels were based on, whose life was so overshadowed by his Dad's fictional epic that Tom's become a lame Z-level celebrity at best and a human viral marketing tool at worst. But what if the resemblance goes even deeper? What if Tom is the boy-wizard of the books made flesh? And if that sounds crazy, why is it bringing him into the crosshairs of an ancient faction that has never been named in any book or text?

To discover the truth about himself, Tom must search through all the places in history where fiction and reality have intersected. And in the process, he'll learn more about that unwritten cabal and the plot they're at the center of –– a plot that spans all of literature from the first clay tablets to the gothic castles where Frankenstein was conceived to the self-adjusting stories of the internet.

It's been running since 2009, and I'm super psyched for the crossover with Fables!
Shiva

Postby vegankitty » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:32 pm

I'm headed to Forbidden Planet, a comic book store that started as a sci fi store. I always get overwhelmed there. Hopefully I'll find Punk Rock Jesus.
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Postby gladcow » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:40 am

Saga.
everyone's right and no one is sorry, that's the start and the end of the story
gladcow

Postby Shiva » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:23 pm

Saga is SOOOOO good.
Shiva

Postby gladcow » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:42 pm

:yes: :yes: :yes:
everyone's right and no one is sorry, that's the start and the end of the story
gladcow

Return to Arts