Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Omegas!

We want you to be a healthy vegan! :)

Re: Omegas!

Postby panthera » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:41 pm

ooh, controlled substance, much more difficult. sorry to hear that. I don't even think you can get refills on those. :sick:
I hope your next visit comes soon & is free of more frustration!! And til then, we're all pulling for you! :cat: (I'm pretty sure we all are :nice: )
panthera

Postby vegankitty » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:52 pm

It isn't a matter of refills (and for schedule 3 drugs you can get one refill though many pharmacies hassle you, even when they have done it before). The actual prescription got wet and dried and now they refuse to accept it at all. Because the medication is used to treat opiate addiction, like methadone but out of a doctors office not a clinic, they make doctors have a special license to prescribed it so unlike with my other psych meds if something happens and I can't see my psychiatrist I can't go to the regular doctor for an Rx to get me through. They also wouldn't fill the Rxs for my AD and mood stabilizer because the also got wet. Basically being on a medication for substance abuse gets you treated like a criminal and since DJ is also on it and could cover me til my next psych appointment I decided to let the other stuff slide til then.
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Postby vegankitty » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Part II -couldn't add another paragraph on my phone.

Suboxone, the substance abuse medication, is a mild opiate and without it I get sick and part of opiate withdrawal is anxiety and depression. I toyed with just stopping it but decided that doing so while already depressed was a bad idea. Plus the fatigue was making it impossible to do everything I needed to get done.
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Postby panthera » Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:03 pm

Oh, I'm not familiar w/schedule 3. I'm glad you decided against just stopping!! :sweat:
panthera

Previous

Return to Nutrition