Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Menstrual Cups and Cloth Pads

How do we, as vegans, create sustainable lifestyles and practices? How does being vegan shape your choices as a consumer?

Re: Menstrual Cups and Cloth Pads

Postby downwithapathy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:25 am

I bought my first cup, a Keeper, in 2001; it's still going strong! I've also had a Diva Cup since c. 2005 (I wanted to try silicone!). I <3 them both whole lot! :)

I've also used gladrags (awesome) and a couple of small/local brand cloth pads. They generally stay in my drawer, though. They're great, but I'm a cup woman. :cool:
downwithapathy

Postby downwithapathy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:43 am

Instead Softcups are now officially reusable (some of them anyway). One cup per period. It's not as cool as foreverandever for 10 or more years, but hey! you can have sex with them in!

http://www.softcup.com/
downwithapathy

Postby Shiva » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:46 am

[quote="downwithapathy";p=4929]you can have sex with them in!

http://www.softcup.com/

:up: :nice:
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby dropscone » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:50 am

So, I got my first period since giving birth and tried out my old mooncup. Aside from the slight discomfort left over from having an episiotomy it also seems to be sitting lower than it did before, so I'm inserting it to what would have been its normal position and then it's just slipping down so the little bit of stalk that's left after I cut most off is sitting slightly outside being uncomfortable. However, it doesn't seem to be leaking.

They do say to get the next size up once you've hit 30 or given birth, so I am wondering if the next size up would help? I would have thought if it was too small it would leak though? I don't want to get the next size and then find it doesn't fit and I've wasted my money.
"and all the world is biscuit shaped, it's just for me to feed my face, and I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste..."
dropscone

Postby panthera » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:12 pm

If it's just the stem that is uncomfortable, why not just trim that off, wear some Lunapads, and see if it leaks? That's what I'd do.
panthera

Postby dropscone » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:10 am

Yeah, I will try that next month before I give up on this size. I think part of the discomfort might be because it's digging into my stitches as well, and hopefully they'll be more fully healed by next time.
"and all the world is biscuit shaped, it's just for me to feed my face, and I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste..."
dropscone

Previous

Return to Sustainability & Conscious Consumption