Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Shoes!

Have a recommendation? Looking for one?

Shoes!

Postby vegankitty » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Shoes!i love shoes too much and have a lot. I just got a pair of fancy heels.

And boots I special ordered through Moo Shoes from Vegetarian Shoes last September. After a mistake in my order they finally came.

And though they aren't available yet, I would really like these:

I want to replace my cheaper shoes with better quality brands like Novacas, Neuaura and Vegetarian Shoes.
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Re: Shoes!

Postby Shiva » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Shoes!The GirlieGirl Army offers this: Bag It Up: You Are A Shoe-In!

Could this possibly be the most comprehensive list of vegan bags and shoes on the market? Could be! There are plenty of accidentally vegan shoes out there. Even the worst fur offending couturier designer occasionally makes a satin flat without a leather sole, and we all know stripper stores are bonanzas of plastic nipple-twirl inducing heels. But let’s support our Bro’s and Sisters in fashion who make a point to offer vegan shoes and bags, or those tip-toeing into veganizing their company, and aren’t afraid to use the word vegan. For the record, we are including a few designers who show some leather in the past, but offer distinctively vegan styles, labeled as such. But if vegan-only is your bag (and we completely get it,) then don’t support the companies with NOV after the listing. Many folks choose not to even wear Stella McCartney because her line does use non-vegan fibers like wool and silk. Her shoes, bags, and belts however, are 100% vegan. Are we missing someone? Tell us who in the comments section, and we will investigate, then add to our list. And don’t try to psychoanalyze the order of the brands, it’s in no particular order. We don’t have that kind of time! ;) Dump the excuses, donate or sell your old leather, stop making it look foxy on your fine self, and get with some animal-friendly options!

Hit the link for the list!
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby vegankitty » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:06 am

There are a few mistakes, mostly with labeling companies that use nonvegan material. Blowfish, for example had boots last fall (09) that had wool in them. Queen Bee makes bag with recycled wool.
vegankitty

Postby Shiva » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:27 am

You should let GirlieGirl Army know!
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby vegankitty » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:55 am

I was looking for a comment thing when the browser crashed. Well, I answered a text and when I switches back to the Internet the page had disappeared.
vegankitty

Postby JasperKat » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:29 pm

[quote="vegankitty";p=620]I want to replace my cheaper shoes with better quality brands like Novacas, Neuaura and Vegetarian Shoes.

I have 2 pairs of Novacas, and while I think they're super cute and seem to be well made I don't think I'd buy the brand again. The fit is weird, even after exchanging sizes. On the pair of heels I have the shoe is too long and the toe box is too snug. I can't wear them without tights, they rub too much. The Novacas boots I have are gorgeous, but also fit oddly. I haven't worn them much because they were an Xmas gift and the weather hasn't been dry since I got them.

On the other hand, the boots that Mr Kat has from Vegetarian Shoes are awesome 8-)

I'm due for a new pair of sneaker soon, I've walked the pair I have into the ground.

-JK
JasperKat

Postby vegankitty » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:04 pm

I like both my pairs of Novacas- I have a pair of Oxfords a the heel I rarely wear but only because I rarely wear heels at all and a pair of men's wingtips that are made out of an almost sneaker like faux leather that are super comfy for walking. I wore them a lot in the Fall-they are perfect for wearing with menswear style trousers. I have several Vegetarian Shoes brand shoes. I got a couple for $10 when this store near me went out of business.
vegankitty

Postby Ariann » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:45 am

I :heart: Novacas. I buy almost nothing but them these days for nicer shoes. I am super bummed that the brown boots I wear from them have apparently been discontinued, because mine are 4 years old or so and starting to fray and the zipper's catching. I wear them almost every day.

As usual, always looking for a pair of plain (not crazy print) Dansko-type clogs, preferably in faux leather rather than velvet or faux wool.
Ariann

Postby quagga » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:54 am

[quote="Ariann";p=916]As usual, always looking for a pair of plain (not crazy print) Dansko-type clogs, preferably in faux leather rather than velvet or faux wool.

I'd like a pair of these, too. I love my felt ones (and they will probably last forever), but something more water repellent would be great. The felt is positively spongelike when it rains.
quagga

Postby vegankitty » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:30 am

Ariann, were they the Alta boots? I wanted the red ones but kept putting off buying them and now they don't make them anymore.
vegankitty

Next

Return to Cruelty-Free Products