Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Shoes!

Have a recommendation? Looking for one?

Re: Shoes!

Postby Shiva » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:54 am

[quote="quagga";p=918][quote="Ariann";p=916]As usual, always looking for a pair of plain (not crazy print) Dansko-type clogs, preferably in faux leather rather than velvet or faux wool.

I'd like a pair of these, too. I love my felt ones (and they will probably last forever), but something more water repellent would be great. The felt is positively spongelike when it rains.

Me, three! Make mine a men's, or an extra wide women's. kthx!

quagga~ in there no way to make them waterproof or water repellant? Linseed oil, maybe?
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby vegankitty » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:02 pm

I wanted the black velvet Danskos. I also wish they made the Birkenstock shoes in vegan leather. I bought a pair right before I went vegan and they were perfect for dog walking. I had a pair in my 20s too. And they were so fugly. I loved it. They were these ones in black: http://www.birkenstockusa.com/products/ ... ather/6554
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Postby vegankitty » Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:06 pm

Ooh- super Birki clogs are polyurethane.

vegankitty

Postby debiguity » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:42 am

I'm not much of a shoe person, or a fashiony person of any kind (unless yoga pants and slippers are considered fashion) but I ordered these from mooshoes for a wedding I have to go to this weekend:

fourmalblk1.jpg
fourmalblk1.jpg (14.15 KiB) Viewed 3565 times

They came in the mail tonight, and I cracked myself up trying to walk in them.

I don't know what I was thinking! Other than that they were a decent price and I needed heels. I will have to wear my crocs to drive to the wedding though. No way can I drive in these suckers!
debiguity

Twitter handle: debiguity

Postby vegankitty » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:34 am

I like them. I rarely get to wear heels but I like the way they look.
vegankitty

Postby JasperKat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:08 pm

Those are very cute, debiguity! I have so many pairs of heels, it's silly. I'm a dog trainer/walker, so I pretty much live in sneakers and jeans. Somehow I forget that when confronted by a cute pair of impractical shoes :blush: Since I don't get a lot of practice, my walking in tall shoes skills are lousy, but I still love wearing them!

-JK
JasperKat

Postby debiguity » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:12 am

Thanks JK! I don't have a lot of confidence in my shoe-fashion, so it's nice to hear that someone else thinks they're cute too! I was disappointed to realize that the chunky heel is apparently not the current fashion - those at least I feel I can walk in!

I like heels in the sense that I'm very very short, so heels are fun to change that a small degree for a short period of time. I thought I wouldn't have to walk much, and so this not-very-walkable pair would be fine, but today my friend asked me to come early and take pictures (she has official photographers already, so she just wants me to take "interesting" pictures...), so now I'm imagining myself wobbling around trying to take pictures while wearing these heels. Oops! Should be interesting!
debiguity

Postby vegankitty » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:24 am

Hey, I said I like them too.

I like chunky heels, fashionable or not. They are easier to walk in.
vegankitty

Postby JasperKat » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Practice in them before you go! I try to wear new pairs of potentially uncomfortable shoes around the house to get used to them and deal with any issues. So I'll know if they rub too much to be worn without tights or if they need some of those little non-slip thingies in the heel before I'm stuck with them on my feet and hurting all night.

I look real cute walking around in my pajamas and 4 inch heels washing dishes and scooping cat litter :cool:

-JK
JasperKat

Postby debiguity » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:45 am

[quote="vegankitty";p=1073]Hey, I said I like them too.

I like chunky heels, fashionable or not. They are easier to walk in.

Sorry about that, I had meant to thank you as well for your confidence boost, and clearly forgot!

I love chunky heels, platforms, things like that. I don't really care if I'm particularly fashionable (which is good, because I never am), but current fashion definitely dictates what is available at any given time. Sadly, it's skinny heel time, so when I went to buy a new pair (I have none in the closet, aside from these!) it was skinny heel or nothing! The pants are just long enough that I needed a heel.

Anyway, thanks again for also liking these heels I'll wobble around in on Saturday!

[quote="JasperKat";p=1080]Practice in them before you go! I try to wear new pairs of potentially uncomfortable shoes around the house to get used to them and deal with any issues. So I'll know if they rub too much to be worn without tights or if they need some of those little non-slip thingies in the heel before I'm stuck with them on my feet and hurting all night.

I look real cute walking around in my pajamas and 4 inch heels washing dishes and scooping cat litter :cool:

-JK

That's really good advice! It would be good to be able to walk with some kind of confidence once I'm there! Where do you get non slip thingies?
debiguity

PreviousNext

Return to Cruelty-Free Products