Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Shoes!

Have a recommendation? Looking for one?

Re: Shoes!

Postby JasperKat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:39 am

[quote="debiguity";p=1103]Where do you get non slip thingies?

I found non-slip thingies for the inside of shoes at a drug store (Rite-Aid, I think), I think they're by the band aids. I also bought some little spacer do-dads for shoes that have a little bit of a gap between my heel and the shoe. Stops them from rubbing.

For the outside of treacherous shoes, put them on, go outside and scuff the bottom on the cement. Or take some sandpaper to the bottom. A little roughing up gives some tractions so the bottoms aren't smooth and slidey.

-JK
JasperKat

Postby JasperKat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:53 am

The heel things are these: http://www.drscholls.com/drscholls/prod ... archArg=49 and the insert is something similar to this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001KZ ... 4GEEX948VJ

Sorry, don't know how to make pretty links!

-JK
JasperKat

Postby vegankitty » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:22 am

I tend to buy shoes from vintage style and punk places so platforms, wedges and chunky heels are always available.

I used to have a job where I walked around in four inch heels all the time. I'm not sure how I did it- but on my personal time it made lower heels doable. Now I walk dogs and rarely go out anywhere I need to dress nicely so my pretty (and chunky) heels sit in the closet. I recently gave some away and probably should have gotten rid of more but hung on to them. You know, just in case I really need red and leopard faux suede oxford style platform pumps. I mean, doesn't everyone? :)
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Postby debiguity » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:21 am

Thanks JK, I have a drug store nearby so I'll be able to make a quick stop for these if needed!
debiguity

Twitter handle: debiguity

Postby Ariann » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:37 am

[quote="quagga";p=918][quote="Ariann";p=916]As usual, always looking for a pair of plain (not crazy print) Dansko-type clogs, preferably in faux leather rather than velvet or faux wool.

I'd like a pair of these, too. I love my felt ones (and they will probably last forever), but something more water repellent would be great. The felt is positively spongelike when it rains.

Yes, spongelike. Mine did NOT last forever because a) I wore the outside of the heels down and there's no way to replace the heel on Danskos and b) eventually the felt discolored in a gross enough way from all the water damage. I would actually just like faux leather ones. They look more professional anyway.

vegankitty Yes, Alta boots. So sad, they're the best. Don't know what to do now for boots. :-(
Ariann

Postby vegankitty » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:04 am

I think I might get these Dansko sneakers for summer work shoes.

http://www.mooshoes.com/products2.cfm/I ... nsko/a/943
vegankitty

Postby Shiva » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:45 pm

I like those!
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby vegankitty » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:12 pm

I got them! I went to Moo Shoes yesterday and bought them for summer work shoes. I really wanted sandals wih straps that had a platform sole but were otherwise flat. So, something solid that was strapped to my feet but I looked at HUNDREDS of pairs of sandals and could not find a single pair like that that was vegan. If I ever do I will buy an extra pair because I've been looking for several years now with no luck. It seems like all sandals are either flat amd strappy or strappy platforms with a heel (wedges is the correct term I believe) or flat platform but slides or thongs.

Like this but vegan: http://www.dansko.com/Womens/Footwear/S ... %20Patent/

So if any one sees something like that, let me know.
vegankitty

Postby Shiva » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:41 am

~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby vegankitty » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:53 am

I have a pair of those! They don't stay on. I should post them in FFS.
vegankitty

PreviousNext

Return to Cruelty-Free Products