Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Make-up

Re: Make-up

Postby bluedawg » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:45 pm

i use bare minerals/bare escentuals eye makeup, and i love it. a few of the colors have carmine, but cruelty free face has a list of which colors to avoid. :)
bluedawg

Twitter handle: @veganchai

Postby vegankitty » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:16 am

Hmm, they have that at Sephora I believe. I used to have a pretty skilled hand with makeup but it was pretty stagey. I want a more natural looking plan. So i need help. I was thinking of MAC -they do consults but Sephora would be good too.
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Postby Shiva » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:49 am

I could use a recommendation for foundation. I don't know much about makeup. :embar: :blush: I feel kind of self-conscious about my rosacea and occasional rashes on my face, so here I am.

I need something hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, and formaldehyde-free, but I can do the ingredient list reading. I'm looking more for recommendations on what's good.

thx! :)
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby Miso Vegan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Any decent foundation will be noncomedogenic, for the majority of people (YMMV, I should add). I have seen lines that are specifically hypoallergenic, but they haven't been vegan. I found the coverage of MAC's "Studio" line was good - about a medium coverage, which should help tone down the rosacea - and is vegan, don't know about the other criteria. But it's about $30 (though lasts me for many months, and I wear it daily). I liked Origins until they discontinued it.
Other vegan lines are Gabriel and Zuzu Luxe, which is made in Bellevue, WA. (I don't recall if there's a Pharmaca in Bellingham? but they carry have those lines.) Aveda was supposed to come out with new makeup over a year ago, but I haven't found it locally yet, to check it out.
You also might find mineral makeup to be a good option.
Miso Vegan

Postby matryoshka » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:03 pm

i use the gabriel foundation (the compact, not the liquid) and like it a lot. i have a lot of redness on my face and it covers it well. it lasts a long time, too. i bought zuzu luxe before and was pretty happy with that too, but i prefer gabriel.
btw, the b'ham co-ops carry gabriel products and i think the compacts are $25.
the vegan formerly known as bekah-chan
matryoshka

Postby Shiva » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:07 pm

Thank you, ladies! :kiss:
Shiva

Postby Miso Vegan » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:21 pm

I think the main diff between Gabriel and Zuzu Luxe is that the Gabriel came first and is a more "traditional" lines (in terms of colors) and Zuzu Luxe is more edgy or modern. I couldn't find a Gabriel color that worked for me, and the Zuzu Luxe had too much titanium dioxide so it gave me a white glow I didn't like.
Miso Vegan

Postby Shiva » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:16 am

I already have kind of a white glow. :laugh:
Shiva

Postby vegankitty » Thu May 05, 2011 4:04 am

Eyes lips face now uses synthetic beeswax so all their products are vegan. And they are having a free shipping on purchases over $25. I'm totally ordering this. http://www.eyeslipsface.com/studio/sets ... ed_edition
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Postby Shiva » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:42 am

Peace Keeper Cause-metics

Peacekeeper Cause-Metics is the first cosmetics line to give all of its after-tax, distributable profits to women’s health advocacy and urgent human rights issues. PeaceKeeper builds a bridge between extraordinary women in the land of plenty and extraordinary women who, by chance of birth, don’t have our resources or opportunities.

Have any of you tried their products?
Shiva

PreviousNext

Return to Cosmetics