Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Northeastern meet-up, the sequel

Northeastern meet-up, the sequel

Postby Dugan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:18 pm

Ariann wrote:Dugan and I are conspiring via PM. Is there anyone else in the area we should bring into planning?

Meanwhile, I should divulge that our PM conspiring revolved around scheduling a meet-up here, at my home in north central MA. We have a spare rooms, two spare couches, lots of camping space, a dog, and 3 cats. I'm mostly free until late August.

Though the timing and interest did not work out for Ariann's northward tour, RnR remains willing to offer out our home-base for a verf meet-up. We are about 30 minutes east of Greenfield along route 2 and can accommodate overnight guests, either in a spare room, dossed down on couches or floors, or even camped in tents either in the front yard or back (warning, recent frequent fox activity may result in heart palpitations and sudden trips to finish the night indoors). Good dogs welcome. Even bad dogs, as long as they are well-controlled or confined.

Lots of hiking in the area. Boston is maybe a couple of hours away. Northampton, Amherst, and Worcester are about an hour, as is Brattleboro VT. The White Mountains or Berkshires are 2+ hours, depending on locale. We have the gear to outfit a novice hiker or three.

Any interest?

ETA: in case any vegan kitties are interested, we are about 2.5 hours west of Albany NY. We don't get bus service out that way, but could help with pick ups in surrounding towns, especially along the route 2 corridor.
Dugan

Re: Northeastern meet-up, the sequel

Postby vegematic » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:51 pm

Most of August works for me.
I just walked. I was very happy.
-Bill Bryson.
vegematic

Postby gladcow » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:02 pm

you guys. man. don't EVEN get me started on how much I wish I could jet ova to see yous.
everyone's right and no one is sorry, that's the start and the end of the story
gladcow

Postby Miso Vegan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:35 pm

Me, too. I've never been to the northeastern states at all.
Miso Vegan

Postby Dugan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:38 pm

Sadly, I don't think we'll have enough New Englanders (or enough willing travelers) to make this happen. I'm jealous of your PNW community!
Dugan

Postby Miso Vegan » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:24 am

Of course, it only takes two to have a meet-up! But I know, it'd be cool to gather a group, it's certainly a fun dynamic. And if I were even half-way across the States (and, y'know, in a job where I could take a few days off, and hadn't already committed my money to going somewhere else) I'd try to make it, because the camaraderie of meeting online vegan friends IRL really is special.
Miso Vegan

Postby Ariann » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:59 am

Ooh! Mid-late August might work for me. I will get back to you when I am back home (went straight from vacation to work-related trip).
Ariann

Postby Dugan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:11 pm

Most of August works for me. Late is trickier, I don't know when orientation starts for school yet. Weekends and weekdays both work for me.
Dugan

Postby Ariann » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Alright, the only weekend that is for sure not possible for me is the 18th-19th.
Ariann

Postby Dugan » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:16 pm

Apologies, the past two weeks were RnR's vacation and we were crazy-busy around the house.

The weekend of the 19th is out for Ariann, and the 26th for me, which leaves just this coming weekend, if anyone is interested. Much regret for the short notice!
Dugan

Return to US: New England