Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

vegan cupcakes take over the world

I've got a ton of cookbooks. You've got a ton of cookbooks. Other people are constantly looking for cookbooks. Let us, as they say, dish about cookbooks!

Re: vegan cupcakes take over the world

Postby vegankitty » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:07 am

I made my first batch of cupcakes ever! I made the Banana Split ones with vegan buttercream icing. I have leftover cream cheese frosting from cinnamon rolls so tomorrow I'm making carrot cake ones and since I also have a ton of extra buttercream icing so I'm making rosewater pistachio ones. I'm only making a half recipe of carrot cake ones so I think additional cupcakes are necessary.

I want to make Margarita and pumpkin chocolate chip ones too. I should take some to our adoption event Sunday! Cupcakes and kitties, a winning combo.
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Postby bluedawg » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:15 am

yay vegankitty!

a friend made the chai cuppers the other day and brought three of them for me. :heart: amazingly, it was the first time i'd ever had them--i can't believe i've never made those. anyhow, they're delicious!
bluedawg

Twitter handle: @veganchai

Postby Dugan » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:41 pm

What do you do once you've baked 'em all? (except for the Green Tea which I'd love to try but can't find matcha) Recombine into new and different taste sensations!

Coconut lime cupcakes. Filled with lime pudding (take the filling from the orange pudding cupcakes and sub lime juice & zest for OJ - plus a little bit more sugar). Make the buttercream frosting with coconut extract instead of vanilla, mix in toasted coconut & lime zest. Drizzle with either the brown rice syrup caramel glaze or the quick melty ganache. Sprinkle with lime zest & more toasted coconut. We've all agreed that the caramel glaze is preferable to the chocolate ganache even though lime/caramel sounded a little weird.

I'll try to get a picture loaded next weekend.
Dugan

Previous

Return to Cookbooks