Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

glad cow cookbook

I've got a ton of cookbooks. You've got a ton of cookbooks. Other people are constantly looking for cookbooks. Let us, as they say, dish about cookbooks!

glad cow cookbook

Postby bluedawg » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:20 am

we totally need a thread for this; you know it, i know it, the entire town knows it.

start cooking and start talking about it!

cheezish! woo!
bluedawg

Twitter handle: @veganchai

Re: glad cow cookbook

Postby Shiva » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:42 am

We recently had Tofu Piri Piri, grilled on a cast iron griddle on the stove top, and it was delicious! I use the muffin recipe alla the time, and change it up with different fruits & nuts & whatnot. The dips are super easy and delicious.

Looking forward to Glad Cow Coobkbook #2, from which I have had the good luck to test a recipe or two. :)
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby Dugan » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:30 am

It was all the yummy pics from the recent Gladcow week that finally prompted me to try Piri Piri. Far from being too spicy as I'd feared, we both loved it - that is, with tempeh rather than tofu.

Other Gladcow faves:
Cheezish macaroni - sheer brilliance that spell check wants this the be "cherish"!
Hummus - best basic recipe out of all my many cookbooks
Red Pepper Cheeze - no one yet has accurately guessed ingredients. It is simple, fast to make, and always a hit - even with omnis
Quinoa Mushroom Risotto - one pan, and yummy with a huge range of variants
Tofu scramble - 'cause it's the best weve tried
Josefinas's - perfect with scrambles

Despite it's small size, the Gladcow Book is a staple in our kitchen. Recipes are simple, quick, and flavorful. They also give room for creativity and variation.
Dugan

Postby Shiva » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:35 am

[quote="Dugan";p=544]Cheezish macaroni - sheer brilliance that spell check wants this the be "cherish"!

Sweet!
[quote="Dugan";p=544]Despite it's small size, the Gladcow Book is a staple in our kitchen. Recipes are simple, quick, and flavorful. They also give room for creativity and variation.

+1 to alla that. I LOVE that the recipes are so versatile.
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby JasperKat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:19 pm

[quote="Dugan";p=544]Despite it's small size, the Gladcow Book is a staple in our kitchen. Recipes are simple, quick, and flavorful. They also give room for creativity and variation.

Totally. And the sloth in me loves how easy the recipes are. Less pans to wash = recipes that get made more often.

-JK
JasperKat

Postby gladcow » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:06 pm

:heart: you all get me :D

I hate washing dishes. I hate when recipes aren't streamlined and are inefficient as a result, either in time or in dishes used. I don't mind recipes with long cooking times occasionally (like the baked pasta) because it literally takes 5 minutes to stir together, so while it's baking I can watch my stories or scrabble it up :)

the next book is very much in the same spirit :)
everyone's right and no one is sorry, that's the start and the end of the story
gladcow

Postby Dugan » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:17 pm

WANT!!!1! I want the next book!
Dugan

Postby stegan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:01 pm

I thought I had tweaked My Favorite Lentil Soup exactly the way I liked it over the hundreds (hundreds!) of times I've made it. I may have been wrong. Last night I used Field Roast Apple Sage sausage in it for the first time, and it was like a brand new recipe. My mouth waters just thinking about it.
stegan

Twitter handle: stegan

Postby gladcow » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:29 pm

good PNW sausage makes all the difference :yes:

hey, so, I'm wanting to switch the first book to ebook format. anybody wanna help/do it for me?

also, I'm getting close to needing help with editing/layout/etc for the new book (meaning, it's ALMOST DONE). So, should I start a new thread about that? or ya'll wanna chime in here?
gladcow

Postby gladcow » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:31 pm

oh, and, speaking of new ways with old recipes...I made baked pasta last week with a new procedure and it was fantastic! I poured the dry pasta in first, then layered the veggies evenly over top, and then stirred the sauce/water/spices together and poured it evenly over everything. No stirring needed! The pasta turned out really good, and I think the veggies were even perfect. Try it!
gladcow

Next

Return to Cookbooks