Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

glad cow cookbook

I've got a ton of cookbooks. You've got a ton of cookbooks. Other people are constantly looking for cookbooks. Let us, as they say, dish about cookbooks!

Re: glad cow cookbook

Postby Shiva » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:01 am

[quote="gladcow";p=1253]hey, so, I'm wanting to switch the first book to ebook format. anybody wanna help/do it for me?

Maybe! We have a lot of turmoil at home right now, but when it settles out, we are here for you. If you haven't got it done already, that is. :)
[quote="gladcow";p=1253]also, I'm getting close to needing help with editing/layout/etc for the new book (meaning, it's ALMOST DONE). So, should I start a new thread about that? or ya'll wanna chime in here?

WOW! New thread! New book! W00h00!
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Postby Miso Vegan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:41 am

New thread! I wanna help!! (in all my spare time...)
Miso Vegan

Postby matryoshka » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:58 pm

yay! how exciting! i am also willing to help :)
the vegan formerly known as bekah-chan
matryoshka

Postby Dugan » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:47 pm

I'd love to help, but I can't commit to times until late May.
Dugan

Postby vegematic » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:58 pm

[quote="gladcow";p=1253]good PNW sausage makes all the difference :yes:

hey, so, I'm wanting to switch the first book to ebook format. anybody wanna help/do it for me?

also, I'm getting close to needing help with editing/layout/etc for the new book (meaning, it's ALMOST DONE). So, should I start a new thread about that? or ya'll wanna chime in here?

I might be able to help with the ebook format. I'm going to be doing an experiment with creating an ePub out of a journal that I'm copy-pasting from the intarwebs. If I have some success with that then I might be able to apply it to your cookbook.

As for editing/layout/etc, I'm not entirely sure what it entails but I'm pretty good at catching typos if that is useful to you.
I just walked. I was very happy.
-Bill Bryson.
vegematic

Postby vegematic » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:02 pm

As for the first gladcow cookbook, I made the Maple Mustard Barbeque Sauce two nights ago, marinated two pounds of thin tofu slices in it and then cooked them up in my new grill pan. I also baked some potatoes and served them with the leftover barbeque sauce. The spousal unit absolutely loved it (so did I)! I think that sauce is going to become a staple. I added a bit of liquid smoke to it just because I love an excuse to add liquid smoke to things.
I just walked. I was very happy.
-Bill Bryson.
vegematic

Postby Raiem » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:26 pm

[quote="gladcow";p=1253
hey, so, I'm wanting to switch the first book to ebook format. anybody wanna help/do it for me?[/quote]

Sorry, I'm too computer illiterate to help, but I can't wait for the next book!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just what you want to be, you'll be in the end--Justin Hayward
Raiem

Postby Dugan » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:54 pm

For the first time ever, the Too-Hot-To-Cook Quinoa Salad. Because it is. Subbed broccoli for green beans, didn't have any romaine, and I'm sure red bell pepper would've been prettier than green, but yum!
Dugan

Postby gladcow » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:37 pm

I almost never make that one anymore, we almost always go with the Road Trip one. But, mmm, that one is good, iirc. I made it for my birthday bbq once :D
everyone's right and no one is sorry, that's the start and the end of the story
gladcow

Postby Dugan » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:09 am

This, and the hot weather, has kicked off a salad trend. I'd forgotten that some grains, like bulgur wheat, can be readied for salads by several hours of soaking rather than cooking (ugh, more heat). Any idea if quinoa could be used in a salad with just soaking? Or other grains? Millet?
Dugan

PreviousNext

Return to Cookbooks