Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

Allergies, Candida & Building Immunity

Welcome to the Vegan Ethos Vegan Canine Nutrition Forum! This forum is for folks who have canine companions that are on a vegan diet, or who would like to transition their canine companions to a vegan diet. This forum is NOT the place to debate or challenge the ethics of a vegan diet for dogs. VErf welcomes all vegans and their dogs with open arms and open minds.

Allergies, Candida & Building Immunity

Postby flower » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:53 am

A year ago, Rowan developed allergies. Then, in December, she got a secondary yeast infection (Candida) from it. Since then, I've been researching my butt off and making major changes to help her (we even got rid of the carpeting in our house). I did a post listing the ways we helped her along with a list of ways to boost a pup's immune system, which helps tremendously with allergies & candida (as well as all illnesses & infections).

If anyone's interested, here is the post I did. I'd repost here, but it has a lot of links & I'm unsure if they'll come through okay in a copy and paste..... :anxious:

Please note that while Emma & Rowan are no longer vegan, they are as close I can get them to vegan without sacrificing their health (probably 99% vegan, really, so pretty darn close). Homemade food isn't an option for us, as I explain in the post. I hope that a few of you find this information helpful!

If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! I'm still reading whatever I can about these issues and will continue to do so. :)
flower

Twitter handle: veganflower

Re: Allergies, Candida & Building Immunity

Postby Shiva » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:27 pm

Great post, flower! I am glad to hear that Rowan is doing so well. :)
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Re: Allergies, Candida & Building Immunity

Postby flower » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:39 am

Thanks! :)
flower

Twitter handle: veganflower

Return to Vegan Dogs Forum