Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

I feel so out of place. :(

I feel so out of place. :(

Postby downwithapathy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:19 pm

This isn't so much a Midwest issue as a rural issue, but I feel so out of place with little hope of ever escaping.

For example: This t-shirt is all the rage in my town.

http://www.islandtshirtcompany.com/imag ... 804541.png

I have to vent here because venting on my personal facebook page will bring all of my pro-hunting coworkers and friends out of the woodwork. I'm not up for the good fight.
downwithapathy

Re: I feel so out of place. :(

Postby matriarco » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:28 pm

I'm sorry you're feeling like that, dwa. :( If you need (and can take) a break, we have a free guest room and lots of veganness here in St. Louis. You're welcome anytime.
matriarco

Postby Dugan » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:59 am

I am so sorry you're having a tough time. I too hate this season for the presumption of a pro-hunting stance. That, and I hate that I have to be careful, for one month of the year, in the woods that I'm in nearly every single day, just because someone wants to get out with their gun once a year.

Likewise, you're welcome to our guest room, if you want to visit New England. Plus, bring Zoe and Annie both, pretty please?
Dugan

Postby Emiloid » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:25 am

Ugh. That truly sucks. It must be especially hard right now since it's probably hunting season for lots of different animals. :( It rings a bell with me because I dealt with that when I was teaching in a rural place. I didn't fit in with either the local/rual folks or the escapees from the city. Also, I'm having issues like that on FB with family... I feel like I ought to censor a lot of what I say to avoid offending my conservative relatives. Anyway, my point is, I know how uncomfortable it can be knowing that your outlook is so different than those around you. It can be downright discouraging.

BTW, you can definitely escape. Maybe you need to think about a clear plan or two for moving to a more hospitable place. In the meantime, I know you'll object to this but... I LIKE YOU A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT AND THINK YOU FIT IN JUST FINE WITH ME. I hope you can take that as a compliment. You're a rad person and it makes me sad to think that you're having a tough time.

Geez, as attached as I am, you'd think we'd met in person or something! :laugh:
Living la vida local.
Emiloid

Postby matriarco » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:13 pm

[quote="Dugan";p=4896]Plus, bring Zoe and Annie both, pretty please?

Dogs welcome in St. Louis, too!
matriarco

Postby quagga » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:27 pm

So sorry to hear this. It's hard to feel alone.

I think you are rad, too.
quagga

Postby vegankitty » Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:42 am

I'm sorry you feel that way. :( I agree with other's assessments of your awesomeness.
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Postby vegematic » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:18 pm

[quote="vegankitty";p=4911]I'm sorry you feel that way. :( I agree with other's assessments of your awesomeness.

yes, what vegankitty said.
I just walked. I was very happy.
-Bill Bryson.
vegematic

Postby downwithapathy » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:01 am

I want to thank everyone for the warm replies! I responded a little more thoughtfully a few days ago but deleted my post. I guess I decided I had overshared. In short, you're all awesome and I'd love to visit any and all of you when I have the cash and days off work. That should happen in, oh, about 5 years. Maybe. :)

I'm not feeling hopeless or depressed. Just dissatisfied with my life and my surroundings. Hopefully, my most fulfilling days aren't behind me. :)

:heart:,

Sonja
downwithapathy

Return to Midwest