Vegan Ethos

...a real forum.

I want to talk about my cats

I want to talk about my cats

Postby vegankitty » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:10 am

So this thread is for cats chat.

Fling and Shwrry, my two foaters, we're adopted yesterday! It was my first time having someone over to meet cats in my house and I was nervous. She loved Fling and though Sherry was more interested in playing than meeting anyone she knows they have bonded so she's taking them both. I'll miss them but I'm glad they are going together. My next foster is an FIV + lynx point named Bow.
vegankitty

Twitter handle: vegankitty

Re: I want to talk about my cats

Postby vegematic » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:24 am

That's great news VK! It's so wonderful that you foster so many kittehs!
I just walked. I was very happy.
-Bill Bryson.
vegematic

Postby vegankitty » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:48 am

I'm sure I posted Bow's picture on VRF but I think he's gorgeous so here he is again :

vegankitty

Postby Dugan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:14 am

If we didn't have 3, I think I could've talked RnR into adopting Fling. Poor Bow, not a happy looking cat in that picture.
Dugan

Postby Miso Vegan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:17 am

Oh, Bow is gorgeous! Congrats on getting the others adopted. :)
Miso Vegan

Postby vegankitty » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:01 am

I think that might be his shelter picture but he isn't happy where he is which is why the head wants me to foster him. Apparently I'm good with stressed cats. I think its because my cats are all nice cat friendly cats and except for some initial hissing everyone gets along.
vegankitty

Postby Dugan » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:30 pm

A shelter can be a tough environment for cats. You deserve a lot of credit for all your fostering work. Not only does it help Kitty be happier, it helps them be more adoptable, and keeps Kitty knowing the rules of living in a home - plus, the socializing!
Dugan

Postby quagga » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:39 am

So, the other night Tori-kitty was sleeping on the bed. She has taken to sleeping on the outer side of the bed, around the vicinity of my knees. She's a smallish, light kitty, so sometimes I don't know that she is there. Well...that night I woke up because I was really hot from the heavy blankets.

So I drew my knees up to get some cool air under the covers, and in the process dumped poor Tori onto the (hardwood) floor! :o I was so groggy that it took me a second to register what happened. "What was that bump?...." "......pause....." "OMG, OMG, OMG!!" Anyway, Tori was pretty groggy from sleep, so I don't think she realized what happened. She just sat there, she didn't meow (and she certainly didn't purr). I picked her up and put her back on the bed, but this time *between* me and MrQ.

She was perfectly fine the next morning, but of course, I still feel totally guilty. Because I AM guilty!

[Also, how appropriate is it that this is my very first post on VE... :) ]
quagga

Postby JasperKat » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:19 pm

The cats don't sleep with us anymore (how could they, there's 85lbs of dog in the bed!) but when they did I would wake up with stiff legs and a sore back from trying to sleep around them :)

Lately Jasper and Elmer have been SO BAD. I can't keep them off the counters and table and Elmer has started clawing the back of the couch. What has gotten into them?! They're nuts!

-JK
JasperKat

Postby Shiva » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:06 pm

Cats are nuts! Mr. Gentleman has been opening kitchen cabinet doors today. He has food in his bowl! What is he doing? atomx is away. I think that MG is looking for him.
~Shiva , Chief Troublemaker
If this post was edited, it was probably for spelling.
Shiva

Twitter handle: ShivaWolfe

Next

Return to Feline